BORIN® STELTH® 2 Solid-State Reference Electrodes for Buried and Concrete Service
The STELTH® 2 is our most versatile reference electrode, as it works well in most environments – from moist to dry, and from soil to concrete.
The STELTH 2 features our proprietary ceramic made with our Moisture Retention Membrane (MRM™), which lets moisture in, traps it within the ceramic, and keeps the cell’s internal electrolytes from leeching or drying out in desert soil.
The 32 in2 of ceramic sensing surface area also gives the STELTH 2 the versatility to work with the desert’s common soil condition variations, ranging from hydrated to dehydrated. (If the soil gets dehydrated, there is no electrical path to take a reading, but once the moisture comes back, the reference electrode will reactivate and be ready to take readings.)
This large sensing area of the STELTH 2 also makes your job easier by making electrode positioning less critical, as you can achieve accurate readings from a wider variety of placements. (Whenever possible, it is optimal to install a stationary electrode at the spring line of the structure to eliminate IR-drop and achieve a more accurate reading.)
Also see: STELTH® 6: A smaller version of the 2″ thick STELTH 2; at only 3/4″ wide, the STELTH 6 needs a much smaller hole drilled for installation, making it ideal for concrete applications.
Just a few reasons BORIN® STELTH® solid-state reference electrodes are unique:
- Never need recharging or recalibrating
- Impregnated with membrane that keeps electrolytes from drying out or getting contaminated
- Trap hydrogen sulfide or excess chloride ions before they cause damage
- Let you know when you have dangerous levels of AC to deal with
- Can thrive in ALL environments, even those chemically detrimental to other reference electrodes
- Remain accurate for their lifetime
- Won’t die every winter
BORIN stands behind every STELTH reference electrode you buy:
- We test EVERY SINGLE reference electrode we make
- You can track/trace any STELTH
- Every STELTH is calibrated for the life of the cell
- Our STELTH reference electrodes will work for years and remain stable after you retire